Tuesday, October 4, 2016

How do you choose a good dentist?

I am a dentist, but like everyone else, my teeth need regular care to preserve them and make them as attractive as possible. So, just like everyone else, I go to the dentist to receive many of the procedures I deliver to my own patients.



When I sat down to write goals for my practice, it occurred to me that the kind of dentistry I want to give to my patients was exactly the kind of dentistry I wanted to receive. And I can assure you that I would hold my dentist to some pretty high standards.

I would want my dentist to see me as an individual, to know me personally and not merely treat me as a chart number or "the next patient." I would want my dentist to foster this relationship by knowing what is important to me and respecting me was a person. And I wouldn't want to be taken for granted, even years into the relationship.

Although I am probably as brave as the next person, I would prefer not to experience discomfort during my dental visit. I would want my dentist to have genuine concern for my comfort before, during and after my treatment. I would want my dentist to have thoroughly mastered pain free dental techniques.

Maybe I am spoiled but I get annoyed if I have to do too much waiting. I would prefer if my dentist and team were ready for me when I arrived and would really like it if I were the only patient there so the doctor and team could give me their full attention.


I am a stickler for quality. I am even willing to pay a little more if I am receiving top-of-the-line treatment. These teeth are the only ones I will ever have so I wouldn't choose my dentist because his or her fees were the lowest. I would choose a dentist who could provide me with the highest level of care, which is what I feel I deserve. I would appreciate someone who is painstakingly accurate in all the details of my treatment. So what I want as a dental patient is what I hope you want because the result of this kind of treatment is my true goal: optimal dental health and appearance. 
If you want this kind of care, I would be happy to be your dentist.


1 comment:

  1. Dr. Nik is a holistic dentist who believes in treating the whole person. Using natural treatments and regular dental procedures, we can help you maintain a healthy and appealing smile. Cosmetic dentistry in Sherman Oaks

    ReplyDelete